Iowa Statewide Assessment of Student Progress (ISASP Testing) Information for Parents
This month, students in grades 3, 4 & 5 will take the ISASP assessments (formerly Iowa Assessments). We will be administering these assessments to our intermediate students during the week of April 26-30. The following subtests will be administered:
- Reading (3rd, 4th & 5th)
- Math (3rd, 4th & 5th)
- Writing/Language (3rd, 4th & 5th)
- Science (5th)
The ISASP is a standardized way to assess the students’ current level of performance on grade-level curriculum standards (Common Core). These assessments help us to highlight students’ strengths and pinpoint areas for growth. They can also be used to help us to determine gaps in our instructional delivery and growth from year to year.
Parents can help as partners in this process by:
- Ensuring students get a good night’s rest each night
- Getting students to school on time every day ready to go
- Providing (or bringing to school for) a healthy, balanced breakfast
- Encouraging students to try their best and providing positive encouragement if test anxiety becomes a problem
If you have any questions about these assessments, you may gain more insight by going to: https://iowa.pearsonaccess.com/families/ or calling the school and speaking to your child’s teacher or an administrator.
Thank you for partnering with us in your child’s education!